Cosmetics (hair colours and bleaches, skin fading/lighteners, false tan lotions, antiageing creams and moisturizers, facial cleansers, around-eye creams, body washes/cleansers, hair sprays, perfumes, blush, bronzers/highlighters).
Swimming pool water
Food preservatives/additatives (avoid everything in the 220's)
- E 220 = sulfur dioxides = May cause allergic reactions in asthmatics, destroys vitamin B1, typical products are beer, soft drinks, dried fruit, juices, cordials, wine, vinegar, potato products
- E 221 = sodium suflite
- E 222 = sodium bisulfite
- E 223 = sodium metabisulfite
- E 224 = potassium metabisulfite
- E 225 = potassium sulfite
- E 226 = calcium sulfite
- E 227 = calcium hydrogen suflite
- E 228 = potassium bisulfite (SOURCE)
Madan, Vishal et al., Contact Dermatitis, 2007: 57: 173-176.